Jeff Barnes, CEO
As a nuclear trained mechanic and scuba diver on a US Navy Submarine, Jeff Barnes traveled the world underwater at extreme depths, running a nuclear power plant and sleeping with torpedoes while learning invaluable skills. His innate leadership ability and understanding of complex systems allowed him to run the largest division on his submarine and take charge of the ship’s quality control program.
After an honorable discharge from the Navy, Jeff took his expertise and experience to Corporate America, helping clients grow their businesses as a risk management consultant and helping entrepreneurs develop strategic partnerships with Fortune 500 companies. Jeff spearheaded international projects as an Innovation and technology director bringing new technology and ideas to the global marketplace.
In 2018 Jeff took over the CEO role at Angel Investors Network to help more entrepreneurs bring their products, services, and technology to the market as an advisor, mentor, coach, and venture fund manager. As an entrepreneur, two-time best-selling author, and CEO, Jeff enjoys helping business owners’ structure, systemize, and optimize their operations allowing them to scale quickly. As the manager of the Angels & Heroes Venture Growth Fund, he finds opportunities for his investors to make great returns by investing in the next generation of private companies.
Jeff earned his Leadership MBA in 2011 from the University of Washington and now mentors young professionals and entrepreneurs alike. During his free time, he sits on the board of Lifeschool, a nonprofit helping kids gain life-skills they don’t learn in school, as well as a great deal of time coaching his two boys’ sports teams, enjoying the outdoors and traveling.
Here’s a Brief History of What We’ve Done Since 1997:
- 1997 – Founded by Greg Writer as the first online angel investor community
- 2015 – Partnered with Original Shark, Kevin Harrington to help entrepreneurs succeed in raising capital and scaling their business
- 2016 – Started Pitch Tank to help more entrepreneurs find the capital they need to scale businesses
- 2017 – Starts the Mastermind Investment Council to help more investors succeed in angel investing
- 2018 – Jeff Barnes takes over as CEO
- 2019 – Partners with C-Suite Network to build largest investment mastermind in the country
- 2019 – CEO Jeff Barnes kicks off the Angels & Heroes Venture Growth Fund to make it easy for investors to generate returns as Angels
- 2020 – AIN launches its Mind, Body, & Business Mastermind retreats to help founders and CEOs scale to 8 & 9-figure businesses and achieve profitable exits
- 2020 – AIN Merges with Phoenix Business Cycle, a 14 year old company that has helped over 3100 businesses, and names Audra Hajj as co-CEO